Faculty of Earth Sciences, University of Silesia
- Conditions and long-term variability of liquid and solid precipitation occurrence on Spitsbergen on the background of current climate change.
- The water drainage in the polithermal glacial system based on radio-echo soundings and model solutions.
- Functioning of the nival system in polar environment basing upon Svalbard as an example.
- An attempt to determine the prevalence of the lower limit of permafrost occurrence in the medium and high mountains massifs in Central Europe and Spitsbergen using geophysical methods and climatological analysis.
- Relationship of selected landforms of periglacial environment according to permafrost on the basis of geophysical surveys of selected sites in Hornsund area, Spitsbergen.
- An attempt to determine glacier facies on Svalbard polythermal glaciers by means of remote sensing and field methods.
- Energy balance and effective ablation of crevassed zones on the Spitsbergen glaciers.
Institute of Geophysics PAS
- Stochastic models of geometry and dynamics of fracture networks of polar ice.
- Modelling of polar phenomena time series by the nonlinear stochastic Langevin equation.
- Impact of snow redeposition on mass balance of polar glaciers.
- Thermal and mechanical ablation of tidewater glaciers based on Terrestrial Laser Scanning surveys.
- Multiparameter full-waveform inversion of regional marine reflection data.
- Modern statistical methods of analysis of risk of hydrological extreme phenomena in polar environment.
- LIDAR and photometric measurements synergy to investigation of aerosol variability in polar regions.
Institute of Oceanology PAS
- Application of numerical modeling in investigations of changes in the ecosystem of West Spitsbergen fjords.
- A statistical analysis of Arctic climate system variability in the era of satellite observations.
- Interactions between large-scale atmospheric and oceanic processes and local hydrographic conditions in selected arctic fjords.